Sunday 2 November 2014

Interior Concept

So as I have started University and as part of I have begun making an interior, My interior will be fabricated from a fictional world of my own making, a world called Swarm, in the super continent Chimera. Swarm is a world much like our own with similar technology and countries warring over power and fuel. Instead of oil and natural gases, they seek to claim rights over an area between the countries that’s sand and stone has been infused with magical energies which is related to the recent manifestation of supernatural powers. The sands and stones of this place are used for nearly everything. The interior is the apartment of one of my main characters Amber.

Amber’s apartment is small but is all she can afford and needs, being a teenage orphan struggling to lead a normal teenage life. That becomes impossible when a man falls from the sky and she gains supernatural powers along with 12% of the population and her friend Garth. After the man explains the seven different power types they are attacked by a rampaging madman enhanced by one of the 7 powers, creating a small opening in one of the walls. They go outside to confront him, this is the scene I plan to render using the narrative elements to colour the environment and its details.
Using Photoshop I have painted Amber's apartment to get a sense of the atmosphere, lighting and a general idea of the assets. I'm going to have the assets in the room refer to the narrative such as; 
the broken wall, crystal power sources, a world map on the wall, some scribblings of the types of powers on the table and I intend to make the wallpaper a shade of pink with cartoon animals on it.

I have some sketches too, which I shall upload when I have scanned them and for the next post I will have some textured models of the room and maybe some characters from my fictional world 

No comments:

Post a Comment