Tuesday 7 April 2015

Photoshop editing my main character

So I began with my scanned version of Syriff which was a bit off in perspective and proportion.

So is started by correcting the arms. I had intended his left arm to be visibly bent, but instead it just came out as short. This was easily fixed by using the puppet warp option to scale in both arms.









I also noticed his legs were a little short so I used the transform tool to lengthen his legs, although I plan to paint more refined legs over these but I just wanted to get them in the right place first.

After using the puppet warp tool again to widen his gait and then began painting in more detailed mechanical legs and some new shorts.































Continuing, I made a new layer and used a layer effect to begin colouring my character.

Now that I have painted in the base colours my next step will be sampling some textures for the leather jacket and his shorts.

No comments:

Post a Comment